Enjoy the fruits (and veggies) of our labor!
Below is a list of services we offer to help you grow your own veggies, herbs & fruits…
We believe that an amazing garden begins with a quality built raised bed and nutrient rich soil. Therefore, we offer Garden Installs as a way for you to get BOTH! This is a great service for those who don’t have any garden infrastructure at all OR for the gardeners who need a little more planting space.
Raised Bed Construction
Quality leads to longevity, so we use 4″x4″ cedar lumber instead of the typical 2″x6″ lumber in the construction of our beds. The lumber we use resists warping, stands up to the elements, and provides a solid support structure.
Starting @ $125/ hour + supplies & delivery fees
Gardening in South Texas can prove to be a challenge with all of the wildlife, so don’t worry- we have you covered! Literally. Also, some yards don’t have any shade at all- and in Texas, your plants need a break from the sun just like you do if you would like to extend their growing season. We provide a few choices when it comes to enclosing your garden space and protecting against the elements & unwanted garden visitors. Oh, and did we mention custom trellises?!
We also offer pathways for around your garden…
- River Pebble
- Cedar, Black, Red, or Rubber Mulch
- Crushed Granite
- Steppingstones w/ one of the above options
- Again, if you have a picture or something in mind you don’t see above…we will try our best to match!
Pricing for all the “add ons” will be given at the time of estimate based on garden size and the options discussed.
We only use the best products for our gardens, and the soil we have chosen is the best on the market. We acknowledge that the price seems high, but we truly believe that you get what you pay for. We promise that we have picked the good stuff! Fox Farm products make for a great garden base that won’t leave you with your plants down!
Pricing for soil is determined by every 2 cubic ft. Special pricing when purchasing 1 pallet (60 bags) or more!
Already have a garden or area that you have given up on or has the season just ended? For those abandoned or overgrown gardens that are yearning to come back to life, this service will help do just that! We will get your garden back to tip-top shape and ready for planting!
This service is great for seasonal prep too!
Our Seasonal Garden Planting & Maintenance Service requires a Garden Overhaul before any planting or maintenance services can begin.
Starting at $75/ hour + supply costs
Overhaul includes, but not limited to:
- Organic removal of ALL weeds, grass, and unwanted plant matter
- Revitalize your garden soil & amend as needed needed
- Trim pathways & area around the garden space
Seasonal Garden Planting
Whether you know exactly what you want to plant or have no idea what might grow best where…we are here to help you grow your own food. Get in contact with us today to plan for the next planting season!!
Fall Planting: August-October
Spring Planting: February-April
Starting at $75/ hour + supply costs
*We strive to source our plants from organic, local nurseries and whole sellers, but if there is something unique that you’re looking for…just ask!
*When planting, we use Organic Aromatic Cedar Mulch -OR- Pine Bark Mulch (unless otherwise requested)
We know keeping up with an edible garden isn’t easy. Therefore, we offer a month-to-month program in which a skilled gardener visits your garden to maintain your crops all year-round! You can even schedule the weekly visits for when your home so you can learn and take notes! Whether you have containers or raised beds- we’ll find a maintenance plan that works for you and your plants!
- Drip irrigation is a non-negotiable necessity for garden maintenance (If you need drip installed, we will send you an estimate and we require that this is installed prior to, or during the first month of your maintenance membership.)
Every visit includes:
- Harvest of kitchen-ready produce (optional, that’s the fun part of gardening..so we understand if you want to do that yourself!)
- Adding supports & cages to any plants that may need it
- Routine garden clean-up
- Weed & prune
- Fertilize & add soil amendments by Fox Farm Soil and Fertilizer Company & other organic products
- Pest control utilizing organic sprays if necessary
- Add mulch and soil as needed
- Replace and maintain pathway medium as needed if there is one
- Drip irrigation check-up
- Mid-season plant replacement for various reasons; freeze, disease, harvested a determinate crop and still have time in current season to grow something else, etc.
- Year-round garden planning for upcoming seasons
- Prepping of the space for seasonal planting (25% or less of the garden can be flowers or inedible plants because we know we have to keep the bees around somehow!)
All cages, plankets, and other supplies used in your garden by us during your maintenance membership are property of Uprooted Gardens. If for any reason you need to cancel your maintenance membership, you will have the choice to either return our property to us, rent the supplies out from us at a nominal monthly fee, or purchase them “as-is”.
Drip Irrigation Installation
There’s really no better way to keep your garden watered than with drip irrigation! We can either replace existing sprinkler heads or install a system from your outdoor hose line. Let US help YOU get your plants hydrated properly!
Price is determined by supplies needed, garden size & distance from water source + Starting at $95/ hour.
Just a few perks of drip…
- Saves money on your water bill because you’re not allowing for evaporation
- We set it on a timer…so it’s almost like a crock pot. Set it and forget it!
- Allows you to go on vacation and not worry about finding someone to garden-sit for you!
- No more having to remember when to water, and how much!
*Each install comes with 3-Free Checks within the 1st year of being installed.
Emergency Garden Visit
For existing edible gardens and green-thumbed gardeners, we offer this one-time service to do anything you need to get caught up. We know there are some of you out there that like to do it ALL on your own, but sometimes just need “that one thing” done! Just contact us, let us know exactly what you need done, and we’ll be there so you can spend your time doing what you love in your garden and not what you dread!
$75 Emergency Fee + hourly labor & supply costs
Emergency service examples:
- Adding new soil or composted mulch to existing garden spaces
- Pathway maintenance & repair
- Soil turnover & amendment
- Bug spraying
- Weed & Prune
- Repotting of container plants
- or anything else you can think of that you may need us to do, that you don’t want to!
Texas State Tax of 8.25% will be itemized on each invoice. All other counties will be subject to their sales tax rate.
If you are interested in having our expert gardeners do the work for you, please fill out the consultation request form linked below!
There is a $75 consultation fee to secure your consultation. This fee will be collected AFTER the consultation date/time is confirmed by both parties and will be credited towards your labor costs if you end up booking a project with Uprooted Gardens. This fee is non-refundable unless you cancel your consultation 24 hours in advance.
An additional travel fee of $30 per consultation will be added to the consultation fee for any clients who are outside San Antonio city limits.